Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Before Your First Sale
Most writers are continually in the process of getting new work published. This process is basically the same for new writers who want to make initial contacts in the publishing industry and make their first sale. Here are several important steps you should take to speed up getting your work in print:
1. Identify your ideas and subjects of interest.
2. Target your markets and select publishers in these areas.
3. Prepare your submission materials.
4. Contact publishers in your markets and make follow-up contacts.
5. Keep a careful record of your correspondence, submissions, and telephone conversations.
Most professional writers are continuously writing new work for publication. Before writing for publication, there are five important steps ...
Advance: A payment made to a writer before the publication of a manuscript. Agent: A professional representative hired by an author to...
By familiarizing yourself completely with the genre you're writing in, and hoping to submit to, you come across as professional and seri...
Book proposal: A package of materials providing details about your book, your background, and some information about the marketability of ...